Cobras Win By Five Goal Margin
By James Hamper
Cobras 6 - 1 Chertsey Thames Valley M2
POM: Oliver N (colt)
After the highs of the previous week’s victory it was always going to be tough to lift the team again, especially after losing Alfie to a broken arm and Ben to watch Fulham. But the chaps came together manfully for our first outing on SRBS since the beginning of October. Clearly the winter sun has moved a bit since then and totally confused the skipper who winning the toss, put us straight into it. Fail! But fortunately it didn’t make too much difference and even with a number of guys playing out of position with all the changes, we still had enough quality on the park to cope with a feisty Thames Valley team.
Highlights of the game included in no particular order:
- Hat trick for JK and then a cheeky penalty flick which he scored by sneaky it along the ground under the keeper (he claims it was deliberate)
- A brace for ROC in another power performance upfront – power being the operative word
- A sliding tackle from Gregor (you thought they were reserved for football? So did we!)
- JH and JK playing a whole game without a hint of red mist
- Andy Little conceding his first league goal since November and finding his red mist
- Andy Little having an altercation with the oppo striker – “you think you are a big man in those pads!”… AL,“Yes” (clearly unconnected to previous point…)
- JH having assist of the season after topping a shot at goal to JK on the post
- Craig getting grumpy with his own team mates for not giving him any assists and dropping out of contention for Golden Stick
- Greg and Rich surviving their first game back in months without going into cardiac arrest
- And another workmanlike performance from Ollie Junior in the midfield to clinch MotM
Thanks to Chrissie and Ray for some cool calm umpiring (the red mist is contagious) and facilitating another enjoyable afternoon out.
Now if we can just get a team out over the half term break we should be on track to get back to the top of the league!