Colts Hockey Update: January 1st 2021
By Surbiton HC
We hope you all had a good Christmas and have enjoyed the break. We are looking forward to welcoming Colts back onto the pitch this weekend.
U18 organised sport is still allowed under Tier 4 guidance. Please see full England Hockey guidance here including their FAQs and a summary of our updated guidance for club users at the bottom of this page.
We anticipate the next month or two will look a little different from normal as we navigate the new Tier 4 restrictions. We want to make sure that, while we still can, we offer all our Colts the ability to play hockey at SHC. This will mean that there will be changes to our published training and match timetable.
Please ensure you check your emails and this page on the website regularly as each week may look a little different. All matches that have been arranged so far are now having to be re-confirmed / postponed. Please bear with us while we organise these.
Adult hockey is not allowed to go ahead, therefore we are now able to use our pitches on Saturdays for a while. We have decided to split Colts training this weekend across Saturday and Sunday – the timetable is below. This also enables us to start later on Sunday in case the pitches freeze overnight.
Please note that ALL SESSIONS will take place at Surbiton Hockey Club. If you cannot make Saturday for any reason, we will accommodate you on Sunday. Please let Liselle or your manager know.
Saturday 2nd January 2021 - all sessions at Surbiton HC
|12 - 1.30pm||Girls U12 RED / Friday training group|
|1.30 - 3pm||Girls U14 Wrens / Eagles|
|1.30 - 3pm||Girls U14 Doves / Ospreys|
|3 - 4.30pm||Girls U14 Harriers / Magpies / Hawks / Swans|
|4.30 - 5.30pm||Girls U16 Pioneers / Explorers
Sunday 3rd January 2021 - all sessions at Surbiton HC
|10 - 11am||Mixed U8|
|11am - 12.30pm||Girls U10|
|12.30 - 2pm||Boys U10
|2 - 3.30pm||Girls U12 YELLOW
Girls U16 Rangers / Calypsos / Voyagers
|3.30 - 5pm||Boys U14 (all teams)
|5 - 6.30pm||Boys U16**
Swipe to see more
** Manager will confirm which teams are included
NEW COVID GUIDANCE
- U18 organised outdoor sport is allowed
- Only local travel is advised
- We will play internal or very local matches (subject to guidance)
- We are discouraging spectators – it is requested that only U8s and U10s have 1 parent on site if absolutely necessary and should remain 2m apart at all times
- Keep 2m distance at all times except when playing
- The clubhouse will be open for toilet facilities only
- Use hand sanitiser before, during and after sessions
- Players should not form huddles on the pitch – coaches have been instructed to be very strict about this
- Ensure your bags are left at least 2m apart when left on the side of the pitch
- Check in with Play Safe or scan the QR code whenever you enter the club premises