Clubhouse Corner: 22nd September 2021
By Ann Bedford
The latest from the Clubhouse team...
We had a lovely message from PHC Chiswick after a number of their teams played against SHC sides at Sugden Road on Saturday:
'Thank you for the, as always, generous and open hosting by Surbiton of our 4 teams yesterday. While our four teams all lost, the games were played in a good spirit and any playing woes were swiftly forgotten over the excellent food and drink, including the ability to watch subsequent games pitchside. It comes to something when someone sent me a photo of their food with the caption "This is what all post-match food should be like"!
I hope that the club has a good season as we all get to grips with the new league structures and GMS.'
A FEW REMINDERS FOR MEMBERS & GUESTS AT SHC:
- Please note that no Under 18s are allowed in the bar after 9.30pm and all must be accompanied by their parent / carer before this time.
- Reminder that we are cashless - please ensure you share this information as required to avoid unnecessary confrontations with visiting teams / supporters.
- Entry to all first team matches is £6 for adults (or via season ticket), free to U18s
- Tickets for Oktoberfest on Saturday 2nd October are on sale now via Teamo, do not leave it to the last minute to buy your ticket as I won’t be able to guarantee you will get your stein of beer!
SATURDAY'S MATCH TEAS MENU & SCHEDULE:
- 12pm: M3A vs Epsom
- 12.30pm: Ladies 6s vs Wimbledon
- 1pm: Ladies 3s vs Southgate
- 1pm: Ladies 8s vs NPL
- 2pm: Ladies 5s vs London Eds
- 2.30pm: Vintage vs BromBecks
- 3pm: Ladies 1s vs Beeston
- 3.30pm: Men's 4 vs Ashford
- 4pm: Sirens vs Clapham Common
- 4.30pm: Men's 2s vs Wapping
- 5pm: Magnets vs Richmond
- 6pm: Cobras vs Richmond
- 6.30pm: Men's 5s vs Barnes
Our match teas menu this week is scampi & chips with crushed peas, homemade tartare sauce & green salad.
Please let me know numbers and allergy details by Wednesday and keep me posted if there are any cancellations. This week’s menu is subject to change.