Clubhouse Corner: 17th November 2021
By Ann Bedford
The latest news from the Clubhouse team...
This week's Match Teas Menu
- Mac n cheese with chorizo, crispy herb crumb
- Pasta with pea and almond pesto – Contains nuts
- Garlic bread
- Green salad with a basil vinaigrette
Match Teas Schedule: 20th November 2021
- 11.30am: Sparks vs OC
- 12.30pm: M5 vs Richmond
- 1pm: M3 vs H&W
- 2pm: L3 vs Wapping
- 2.30pm: Magnets vs Reading
- 3pm: L2 vs ISCA
- 3.30pm: Vintage vs Reading
- 3.30pm: Mongooses vs Cheam
- 4.30pm: L8 vs Bank of England
- 5pm: L6 vs Barnes
- 6.30pm: M3A vs Wimbledon
- 7pm: M1 vs Wimbledon
We have a full Saturday this week including welcoming some of the clubs sponsors and other guests – please take time to make them all welcome, the club could not run without their support. Please be aware that some teams may be asked to eat in the marquee to help us manage numbers with lots going on at the club on Saturday.
The weather is getting a bit cooler and we have a heater going into the marquee for the weekend, it’s only meant to take the chill off so please still wrap up.
It was great to see the club buzzing on Saturday and with the new till system just being bedded in I can now bore you with all sorts of numbers…
- 75.5% of money spent was on alcohol – I’m thinking that’s a bit low!!
- 228.5 pints of Amstel
- 138.5 pints of Guinness
- The top bottle seller was Kopparberg and despite being Mexican themed, tequila was beaten to the top spirits sales spot by the old favourite Jaegerbomb. Not including the ludicrous amount of free tea served with food (Sirens!). Our delicious Galaxy hot chocolate is the favourite hot drink.
You can look forward to more stats next week (…yawn, don’t worry the novelty of all this info won’t last long!)
Thank you to Oliver Fitch & Bill for their amazing work on the gate on Super Saturday.
Once again we experienced difficulties with the water supply on Saturday, huge apologies to the teams affected by the shortage of water, we are looking of ways on preventing this on busy days.
The next ‘Friday Quiz’ will be on Saturday 4th December (yes, I know). Our chief quizmaster is unavailable on 3rd and with a huge £100 cocktail party bar tab on offer we couldn’t host it without his ability to keep order. Please come along and join in the fun, teams of 6, £10 per person to include fish & chip supper (fishing rights permitting). No promises that there will be a repeat of my Pictionary style clues though!
Cocktail night tickets are on sale at a mere £15 with old favourite DJ Lee making a return. Available only through Teamo (over 18s only)
Talking of over 18s, I would personally like to wish a couple of young ladies a very happy birthday, you know who you are and suffice to say it seems to be a long time coming!!
Finally, we have a vacancy in the Clubhouse team… this one is suitable for over 18s only but please do contact me if interested!
Surbiton Hockey Club is looking for a Bar & Clubhouse Assistant to help manage our Club House, Bar & Tea Hut; and to deliver excellent food and drink to members and visitors during weekends and some evenings.
- Part time: weekends and some weeknights (20 hours per week)
- Rate of pay: dependent on experience
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly organised and with ambition to help grow the catering options available to our large membership base.
- Catering, bar & hospitality experience is essential.
- For more details or to apply please send CV or contact Ann firstname.lastname@example.org