Clubhouse Corner – 10th December 2020
By Ann Bedford
The latest from our clubhouse team…
Great to see so many of you back and yes times are weird but I hope you all made the most of our revised hospitality offering. The bolognaise and curries certainly seemed to go down well with many more people eating.
Another quick reminder that you can only purchase alcohol when you have a substantial meal, said meal has to be supplied by the club and BYO is not allowed. Please pass this onto your opposition to save any awkward conversations.
We are offering meals in the evenings and from 3pm on Fridays. This week we have Moroccan Pasta or Vegetable or Chicken Curry toasted wraps with mint yoghurt. I am sure this will go down well on the cold evenings. As much notice as possible would be appreciated and will ensure we can feed you all.
I think we're all getting the hang of this now but please remember masks in the clubhouse, no mixing of your groups of 6 and alcohol can only be consumed when seated with your meal.
The heater in the marquee takes the edge off the dropping temperatures but don't expect it to be tropical - I would suggest layering up or getting the unicorn onesies out!
We have a huge schedule of matches on Saturday and it will be the last match for many of you before Christmas, it is also NSPCC Christmas Jumper day on 11th December, so why not add your Christmas jumpers and hats to your kitbag on Saturday. I will, of course, have another festive face mask on show (I had mixed reviews for my surprised Father Christmas one this week).
Thanks all for working with us. Ho ho ho!
Saturday’s Match Teas schedule*:
- Sirens vs OC Martlets: 9.30am game, 11:30am food
- Men’s 3As vs Spencer M4: 10am game, 11.30am food
- Ladies 8s vs Bank of England L1: 11am game, 12.30pm food
- Men’s 6s vs Chertsey M1: 11am game (Oaken Lane), 1pm food
- Men’s 2s/3s vs Blackheath: 11.30am game, 1pm food
- Mongooses vs Epsom M6: 12.30pm game, 2pm food
- Sparticans vs Barnes Beavers: 1pm game, 2.30pm food
- Vintage vs Amersham: 2pm game, 3.30pm food
- Ladies 2s vs Slough L1: 3pm game, 4.30pm food
- Ladies 5s vs Richmond: 3.30pm game, 5pm food
- Ladies 4s vs Reigate Priory L1: 4.30pm game, 6pm food
*Please note all fixtures are currently subject to last minute changes. Your captain will communicate any postponements and cancellations - information from your captain should be taken as the most up to date if it looks different from the list above!
Match Teas Menu:
- Festive, fruity turkey stew with vegetables
- Mash with leeks and cheese
- Sausage meat dumplings
- Red cabbage with apple
- Root vegetable stew with cranberries