Update on Surbiton HC's Covid-19 Policy
By Surbiton HC
Please read this important message from Carolyn Llewellyn (Club Captain) regarding Covid-19 and hockey activity:
As many of you will be aware Elite football games have been suspended until at least 3 April to help stop the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Currently following government advice, England Hockey and Surrey Hockey, Surbiton Hockey Club fixtures will continue to go ahead this weekend. Should we be advised from other clubs that matches need to be suspended we will inform you accordingly.
We would, however, kindly ask you to stay away and inform your Captain or Team Manager if you have:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- Been in contact with someone diagnosed with or is suspected to have the virus
It is also recommended that our more elderly players and officials consider whether they should take part in hockey or any other activities at the current time.
Ensuring good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of the illness, and therefore we would encourage the following:
- Ensure your safety equipment is clean (goalkeeping kit, facemasks, mouth guards, whistles, shin pads, kit etc)
- Do not share any piece of kit with teammates
- Instead of the traditional handshake - tap sticks, a warm smile and thanks of appreciation to officials is more appropriate at this current time
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin
- Do not spit
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol)
We are living in unprecedented times and will continue to follow the advice of the UK government; currently training and fixtures will continue, however should games be suspended we will advise you accordingly.