Squad: Milan Brinker (GK), Mike Pocock, Alec Jackson, Andy Wood, Tom Dodd, Liam Postance-Eamer, Sam Maclennan, Tom Louwe, Eddie Hallett (Captain), Matt Claisse, James Chowne, Martin Dye, Rob Stone, Luke Anderson, Lawrence Oldham, William Quinn

3 matches in one day against teams playing several leagues above us, where do we sign up?

Match 1 vs Wanderers 1XI

For the first match of the day we were still a bit rusty from the game on Friday (#commitment). We played some good hockey but the opposition forwards were just a lot quicker than we were. However, we did have some stand out players of our own with Jacko and Andy putting in a great effort at the back of the pack to keep the pacey Wanderers forwards out.
In the middle we had Ed, Matt, and Lawrence to start with who were putting in a lot of effort to try and find the space for the forwards to run into.
We went 1-0 down but then quickly came back to go 2-1 up! The first goal a reverse hit from Alec (quality) and the second was a deflection from Lozza both from short corners. (Alec tried to re-create his reverse goal in training, and I can confirm it was a one off.)
Unfortunately for us our captain (Ed) got sent off. Wanderers then scored a lucky goal and an incredible drag flick that was too much for Milan. The sin bin felt harsh, but on balance was fair and a tough lesson learned. Overall despite the loss, we played well for the first game of the day.

Result: 3-2 loss
Goals: Jacko, Lozza

Match 2 vs Epsom 2XI

The second game of the day was against Epsom. This game was a seven-goal thriller. Our midfield and defence were really tested in this game as again the oppo had some quick forwards.
After some very lucky deflections Epsom had a big lead over us. They were 4-2 up and were comfortable until we got a second burst of energy and started pressurising them and got a goal back with 5 mins to go.
Unfortunately… we lost in the end 4-3 but we put a good shift on at the end to try and salvage a win.
The goals came from Lawrence, Stoner, and Tom.
Luke Tom and Matt were stand outs in that game. We were unlucky not to pull it back.
Result: 4-3 loss
Goals: Lozza, Stoner, Tom Louwe

Match 3 vs Cheam 1XI

For the final game of the day we were determined to get a win under our belts. We went 1-0 up early on with a goal from Lukey 2 minutes in.
Legs started to tire and just before half time Cheam levelled back to 1-1. Will Quinn inspired the fightback with a fiery performance and in the second half we were all over the opposition and won a few short corners and at times felt as if we were attacking with all eleven players.
With 10 mins to go a slip up from the Cheam defence and a slick pass by Lozza put Will into a great position to run at the keeper and flick it over him to go 2-1 up. Cheam had a last-minute attack but it was quickly broken down by Doddsey and Jacko.

Result: 2-1 WIN
Goals: Will, Lukey

Most Valuable Player: William “Will.i.am” Quinn for dazzling stick skills up front. (Special mention to Lawrence Oldham for still being able to run in the final game!)
Eddie Hallett (Captain) “We had a young side and gave 100% against a decent opposition it was a cracking way to start the season off”
To stay up to date with the team’s progress give us a follow on twitter @SHCTMFFs
Report produced by William Quinn